Iraqi music welcomes guests back to West Hartford’s Autorino Center

The Autorino Center for The Arts and Humanities at the University of Saint Joseph in Connecticut has been in partnership with Hartford’s musical organization Cuatro Puntos throughout the pandemic, presenting a wide array of live-streamed concerts and talks. On Sunday, June 6 at 2 p.m. the concert hall doors will open to the public once again with a program called “Ameen Mokdad’s The Curve: A Message From Mosul.” 

The concert will be performed by Hartford’s Cuatro Puntos Ensemble and Ameen Mokdad. Iraqi composer and multi-instrumentalist Ameen Mokdad was trapped in hiding by ISIS for two years in Mosul. During that time he wrote an extraordinary repertoire of powerful and emotional music. He arranged it later for string quartet, while he himself plays violin, various middle eastern percussion instruments, recites poetry, and sings. This concert will be a live performance of the 19 songs on the album The Curve, forming a soundscape that transverses a range of emotions: fear, defeat, hope, and rebirth. 

Cuatro Puntos Ensemble collaborates with these local, national, and international guest artists to produce genre-defying and culturally significant concert programing and album recordings. Aiming for the highest in artistic excellence while working alongside socially significant artists, Cuatro Puntos Ensemble has been reviewed by Fanfare Magazine as having a “great depth of sound” and “virtuostic performance.” 

They have performed extensively throughout the United States as well as in Bolivia, Brazil, England, Germany, the Netherlands, Turkey, and Afghanistan. To date they have produced six albums of varying genres and styles on major international record labels like Métier and Toccata Classics. They have been included on the soundtrack for films produced in England, Australia, and Afghanistan, and have been guest lecturers at prestigious universities around the world. 

In-person tickets are limited, and you may reserve them at autorino.usj.edu. You may alternatively sign up to watch a live stream of the performance from the comfort of your home. In person tickets: $15/adult, $10/seniors and children. Live stream registration is free, with a suggested donation of $10.

Post a Comment

19 Comments

I'm also visiting this site regularly, this web site is really nice and the users are genuinely sharing good thoughts.
Regards: commercial pre rinse faucet
This is one awesome blog. Really thank you! Want more.
Regards: CANNINGHILL PIERS
BartLey Vue said…
Thanks for sharing very informative article.
Regards: BARTLEY CONDO
Shower Door said…
Good article. I absolutely love this website. Keep it up!
Regards: shower door hinges
Unknown said…
Thanks for sharing. This article is very informative.
Regards: Universal shirts Tampa
I think this is among the most significant info for me.
Regards: The Lilium condo
I have learned huge knowledge from here. I am waiting for your updates
Regards: The Watergardens
I have learned huge knowledge from here. I am waiting for your updates
Regards: Exhibition companies in Dubai
Unknown said…
I have learned huge knowledge from here. I am waiting for your updates
Regards: website design company
Eaves Cleaning said…
I have learned huge knowledge from here. I am waiting for your updates
Regards: eavestrough cleaning Winnipeg
I'm also visiting this site regularly, this web site is really nice and the users are genuinely sharing good thoughts.
Regards: "pre-rinse faucet"
Shower Door said…
I think this is among the most significant info for me.
Regards: "shower door hinges"
Unknown said…
Very helpful article and thanks for sharing.
Regards: "Universalshirts"
I have learned huge knowledge from here. I am waiting for your updates
Regards: "craft beer tees"
I think this is among the most significant info for me.
Regards: Wedding companies in dubai
Foadacy said…
I read that Post and got it fine and informative.
Regards: cute socks
I think this is among the most significant info for me.
Regards: Where can I buy steroids
Bot Ami Scan said…
I have learned huge knowledge from here. I am waiting for your updates
Regards: Document Scanning SDK
I read that Post and got it fine and informative.
Regards: hire security guards