Kareem Abbas opens exhibit at Canada's Pumphouse Arts Centre

A new exhibition is installed for the month of October at the Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre. Paintings by Kareem Abbas adorn the walls of the gallery, located at 247 Ricardo St. in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 

Abbas was born in Baghdad and says ever since he was a child he has appreciated the meaning of art, movement, colour, depth and horizon. He has a bachelor of fine arts from the University of Baghdad and continued to pursue his passion when he moved to Canada. 

“I am attracted to all things that surround me, such as colour, structure, shape, motion and horizon,” said Abbas. “My surroundings have a way of attracting themselves to each other … I don't search for things to paint, they appear to me naturally and I am attracted to their form, sensation and beauty.” 

The work on display by Abbas is oil and mixed media, including a wide variety of subjects such as horses, people, portraits and more. More information on the artist, as well as samples of his work, are available online at https://niagarapumphouse.ca.

Post a Comment

0 Comments