Learning to communicate opens the door to heritage, culture and growth

“My name is Noor Shater, and I am a first-year law student at The University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, with aspirations to pursue a career in international law. 

Attending the 8-week Arabic School was an incredibly enriching experience. It equipped me with a vast array of vocabulary that will prove invaluable in my chosen field, while also deepening my understanding of Middle Eastern politics and fostering a deeper appreciation for Arab culture and language. 

Delving into Arab art, culture, and history exposed me to facets of my heritage that I had previously not encountered. 

Moreover, the program broadened my comprehension of Modern Standard Arabic and various dialects, including Moroccan, Tunisian, Yemeni, and Iraqi, which complemented my existing knowledge of Palestinian and Egyptian dialects. 

This summer, I will be interning with the International Criminal Court, where I anticipate utilizing my Arabic skills to contribute meaningfully to the pursuit of justice on the global stage! Learning Arabic has really opened up opportunities that I would not have had otherwise.” 

The Arab American National Museum is the first museum in the world devoted to Arab American history and culture. The Museum seeks to show visitors the Arab American experience through a timeline of exhibitions, public events and wider community engagement.

Post a Comment

0 Comments