The ghost of Iraq's Christmas future

It was shrouded in a deep black garment, which concealed its head, its face, its form and left nothing visible save one outstretched hand. "I am in the presence of the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come?" The Spirit answered not, but pointed with its hand. 

April 7th marks World Health Day, which was established to promote the principle, that people should have access to the highest level of health care. In Iraq, where communities are still recovering from the devastation of war, access to health care can still be a challenge. 
In Khanke Refugee Camp, Dr. Khalil Mohammed is the manager of the AMAR Foundation's Primary Health Care Centre. Khanke Camp is home to thousands of families, who were forced to leave their homes in 2014. AMAR's Health Centre provides child vaccinations, mental health support, health education and general medical consultations. 
Dr Laith Al Rubaiy works with the AMAR Foundation and set up a mobile clinic in Basra. Dr Al Rubaiy has also trained local professionals and established cancer screening projects in the area. Dr Rubaiy was even joined by his father Dr Kadhim al-Rubaiy and in 2019, the father-son team worked together for the first time. 
"Ghost of the Future. I fear you more than any spectre I have seen. But as I know your purpose is to do me good, I am prepared to bear you company...Will you not speak to me?" For Dr. Khalil Mohammed, “AMAR means family for anyone who comes in to the clinic.

The AMAR Foundation have treated more than 10 million patients, have provided 662,000 vaccinations to children and have made more than 2 million visits, to new and expectant mothers. To support AMAR, please visit the www.amarfoundation.org and help them to honour Christmas.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Unknown said…
Dear Admin
I'm Mayank Tiwari from www.news24ghante.com.
I came across your site, That is absolutely fantastic and I loved it! The thing is, I write on topics very similar to those covered in
your blog, and I already have a few ideas for a guest post in mind that
I'm sure will be interesting for your readers.
News24Ghante : Provides Latest Update About Bollywood Masala News in Hindi, MP News, मध्य प्रदेश समाचार, Jabalpur News, Bhopal samachar, Indore News.
I was wondering, do you accept guest posts? If you do, are there any
guidelines for me to check out?
I'll be happy to discuss any guest blogging opportunities with you!
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Latest Mp News in Hindi, Bollywood Masala News in Hindi, Latest News in Hindi, Breaking News, मध्य प्रदेश समाचार, Indore News, Bhopal samachar, ताजा हिन्दी ख़बरें समाचार| News24Ghante.com
Best regards,
Mayank Tiwari
seo@news24ghante.com
website:- www.news24ghante.com